Offices and Projects Throughout the Upper Midwest
Donohue is seeking construction observation staff to join our expanding construction services team. This position offers an exciting opportunity for the selected candidate to be part of an employee-owned specialty firm with national water/wastewater expertise. We are seeking focused, motivated staff to assist on municipal water, wastewater, and stormwater construction projects ranging from $50k to $70M+ value. You will work closely with our clients and Donohue project team members throughout the project construction phase with typical duties to include the following:
- Observe work in progress and evaluate conformance to Contract Documents
- Document the installed work; create punch lists and deficiency notices
- Review project documents, including CADD drawings, schedules, and installation details
- Evaluate and respond to project correspondence such as change orders or requests for information
- Administer routine construction activities including pay applications and progress meetings
- Observe equipment and process system startups
- Experience in construction and/or engineering of municipal/industrial facilities
- Experience in the design and/or operation of water or wastewater treatment facilities
- Positive team-focused attitude directed towards delivering quality work on time and within budget.
- Strong problem-solving skills that can be applied to ongoing, multi-disciplinary construction projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in particular visualization of upcoming work
- Knowledge of standard building and material construction methods (concrete, steel, plumbing, pipefitting, power distribution, controls, systems, etc.)
- Ability to balance and maintain involvement with multiple projects
You will be an instrumental part of our construction project delivery teams, engaged in a variety of projects in the water, wastewater, and stormwater industry throughout the Upper Midwest. Candidates will work closely with assigned project team personnel as well as engineers from all Donohue offices to complete the construction of Donohue’s designs.
An employee-owned firm, Donohue & Associates was established in 1997 and since then has expanded to 125+ employees in 11 offices. Donohue is ranked a Top 20 Wastewater Treatment Plant Design Firm by Engineering News Record and offers competitive wage and benefits package with an industry-unique monthly profit-sharing plan for all employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associate or bachelor's degree in engineering or construction-related field or commensurate on-the-job experience (all trades)
Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
Ability to travel 80%+ (mix of overnight stays and day-trips)
Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
W/WW operators licensure or PE registration a plus